“Fly Casting is the essence of fly fishing.” Mel Krieger
“Steve Rowe’s Adult Trout Camp” at Meccawe Trout Club.
A wonderful and unique full day fishing experience at a classic one hundred year old private Trout Club located in the remote hills of central Vermont. Beginners and experienced folks are welcome. Program includes a morning session in the lodge overlooking the trout pond.
- Equipment: rod, reel, lines, leaders and fly: understanding how it all works together.
- Outside for individual casting practice. On lawn and pond.
- Introduction to four part cast and false casting.
- Fly Fishing knots. How to tie and how to use them.
- Break for lunch.
- Outside casting review and advanced casting techniques.
- Shooting line, mending techniques, and line control.
- Basic entomology and fly selection.
- Roll cast.
- Fishing for TROPHY TROUT.
- Questions. Wrap up and review.
- All equipment provided. Continental breakfast, snacks, and water are included. Bring your lunch. Minimum age of 12. Ages 12-16 must be accompanied by an adult. No license required. Minimum of two participants, maximum of eight. Text provided. All programs co-ed. $150 per person, 50% deposit at time of registration.
- Dates for 2018 are May 19; June 16; July 14, and Oct. 13. (All Saturdays, from 9 am to 4 pm.)
Guided fly fishing and individual instruction.
Options are the Ottaquechee River, the Black River, the White River, and the private Meccawe Club. Program may include: casting instruction, reading the water, drift and drag, fly selection, netting and safely releasing fish. Vermont fishing license required. Bring your own waders. Four hour trip. $275 for one or two anglers.